14 August 2014

Twice as nice

Over at Flying Unicorns, there's a fun challenge called Twice as Nice - where the idea is to create two of something.    Later this month we will be attending two birthday celebrations for extended family members, so I thought this was a great incentive to make some gift bags.

I'm not big on measurements and calculations ~ usually I just eyeball it when I create ~ so this kind of project is NOT my forté.  I don't have any of those fancy scoring boards or tools either, so I just made do with my guillotine and ruler, and custom-made the bags to fit the gifts.  I used one full 12x12 sheet and one 8x4 offcut in a contrasting colour for each gift bag.  One of the gift bags was an experiment a prototype, and the other was (I hope) an improvement.  I'm not telling which is which!






Materials (left):
WRMK Fiesta - Bonita patterned paper
WRMK Fiesta - Nuevo patterned paper
Petaloo Flora Doodles - Layered Daisies brown flower
Green Tara 6cm Petals - Gold paper flower
Sassafras Lass Mix'n'Mend - Sweet Treats sticker
Momotara Disco Lights ribbon

Materials (right):
WRMK Fiesta - Rubia patterned paper
American Crafts Chap - Tim patterned paper
Yellow silk flowers (from discount store)
Green Tara 6cm Petals - Rust paper flower
Spellbinders Frameabilities - Polka Dot Frame die
Momotara Disco Lights ribbon

0 messages :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)