23 July 2014

Cafe Chicks

This year for the winter school holidays we took a short 2-night break just over the border... and it was COLD COLD COLD! I got some great photographs during our trip, so I couldn't resist printing a few to scrap this week.  I always find new photographs are a fantastic motivator for my scrapbooking (despite the mountains of older photographs that are still waiting for me to catch up).

This layout is based on the July sketch at Blue Fern Studios and the July Black & White challenge at Flying Unicorns:



I used BFS Tweet Friends chipboard. I painted it with several coats of gesso, then heat embossed with a clear powder to give a lovely shine:



I have to say, sticking just to black and white was really difficult, but I do love the result!


Other materials:
Authentique Classique - Elegant Four patterned paper
Authentique Classique Compounds stickers
Coredinations Black Tie Affair cardstock
Making Memories Boho Chic - Tiny Alphas stickers
Paper doiley
Black striped cardstock (recycled packaging)
FWAB Kate's Corner flourish
FWAB Maddison - White flowers
Kaisercraft white paper flowers
Green Tara 1cm rose - black
Green Tara 1cm rose - white
Bella! black polka dot silk flower
Sullivans Regal Trim - white
Celebrations Clear High Gloss embossing powder

1 comment :

  1. Love all of the embossing on the chipboard. Truly a beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us in the Blue Fern Studios July Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)