01 May 2014

Save the date

I recently received a 'save the date' card for a wedding.  I'd never seen one before; it's like a pre-invitation.  A few weeks later the 'real' invitation arrived in the mail, but this card was so lovely that I couldn't just throw it away.  (I'm such a hoarder!)

Craft Hoarders Anonymous has a sketch challenge with a twist this week which I thought was just perfect for putting this layout together:



The 'twist' is to use something old and something new together.

> Most of the products on my layout are old - including the buttons from my stash, the border strips and the flocked flourish, which I fussy-cut from a left-over piece of GCD Studios Paris Nights patterned paper [flashback to 2009].
> The new items are the black lace (from the January Scraps of Darkness kit), the peach paper flowers, and the Chic Tags journalling tab.





I'm also submitting this at Scrapbook Fantasies for the challenge to create a layout about a wedding.  Unfortunately I don't have any actual wedding photographs, but hopefully this will fit the bill.

Materials:
Echo Park Victoria Gardens - Wild Rose patterned paper
GCD Studios Paris Nights - Notre Dame border strips
GCD Studios Paris Nights - Louvre flocked patterned paper
Chic Tags Autumn Days journal tag


8 comments :

  1. Karen, what a fun save the date card to receive. I love your layout, the buttons at the bottom with the lace are a real twist to the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty layout and I love the idea of lace and buttons along the bottom! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, those buttons and that lace....yum! I got such a kick out of the "save the date" photo. So clever! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your button border!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout...love the Save the Date Card, Bravo...it is a wonderful idea... Thanks for taking part in the Hoarders Craft Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout and take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever use of a clever "save the date". Love how you've pulled all the colors together. . .this will make a great wedding gift! Thanks for twisting the sketch with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)