24 February 2014

Single photo sketch layouts (1)

I have a lot of 'one shot' photos so I really like sketches that feature single photographs when I want to do a bit of quick scrapping.

This one is for Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia:



I made a 6x6 layout for my 'house and garden' album.  I use album this to record our local flora and fauna.  For the background I embossed a piece of transparency, which actually looks really nice but doesn't photograph very well.  Here's a close up of the layers:



Materials: 
Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety - Bloomers patterned paper
Scenic Route patterned paper (leaf motifs)
Making Memories Noteworthy glitter die cut
Kaisercraft Tiny Alpha - Latte stickers
Cuttlebug Textile Texture embossing folder 
~~ ** ~~ ** ~~

This one is based on the February sketch at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge:



How I used the sketch:  I went with a larger photograph, and I filled the negative space with my journalling.

Materials:
Sassafras Lass Mix n Mend - Sweet Treats sticker
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Golden Terracotta
Kaisercraft Tiny Alpha - Latte stickers
Vintage dressmaking pattern
American Crafts Pearl Brad - Elegant

5 comments :

  1. Hello Karen - I LOVE your take on our sketch. Loving your layers, and the subtle hue of your colour spray!! Your list of inspirational friends on your blog brought a smile to my face - what a lovely tribute!!! Thanks for playing along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge - I hope we see a lot more of your work here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both lovely layouts. Really love the layering with the vintage dress making paper on the second one and the soft colours. Thanks so much for joining in at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout, love your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the multi-layers as matting of the photo. so vintage and beautiful.
    Thank you for playing with us at AFSC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The use of the pink light, makes the impression of a magic atmosphere around this photo.
    Thanks for joining us at AFSC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)