28 February 2014

A bit of Glitz


I'm joining in at Glitz Designs for the February Color Trends challenge; such beautiful colours.  I'm not sure I did them justice, but this is what I came up with:



What I did:  
* For the pale pink and neutral - I cut into a sheet of Glitz Designs paper. I'd been saving it for just the right layout (yeah, right - I just like hoarding pretty papers...) but I never envisioned using for a Chinese New Year layout!
* For the gold - I altered the alphabet stickers with heat embossing powder to cover up the original hot pink colour.  It was a bit fiddly because I had to remove the stickers from the backing sheet, then stamp with VersaMagic, then transfer to a clean sheet for the powder, etc - by the time I finished there was no 'stickiness' left and I had to adhere the letters with glue.



I also heat embossed the chipboard in the same gold.



* For the silver - I added edge-stitching with silver thread.

Materials:
Glitz Designs Beautiful Dreamer - Floral patterned paper
Glitz Designs alphabet stickers
Moon Glow King Midas Gold embossing powder
A2Z Scraplets Shapes - Dragon3 chipboard

1 comment :

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)