23 January 2014

Sketch inspiration

Some of the lovely ladies over at Scrap Boutique suggested doing some sketch challenges to kickstart my scrapping, so that's been my MO for January:  grab some sketches and scrap, scrap, scrap!

This one is for the January challenge at Scrap Boutique, and is based on a sketch from Sketchabilities:



Materials: 
Basic Grey Two Scoops patterned paper
Glitz Designs Distressed Couture patterned paper
Three Bugs in a Rug Coco Rhapsody patterned paper
Jenni Bowlin Apothecary journalling sticker
American Crafts Thickers - Giggles foam alphabets
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alphabet stickers
Kaisercolour paint - Dusty Pink and Raw Umber

This one is based on a 2013 sketch from Scrap Idees:

 

I used Glimmer Mist Dazzling Diamonds as the background on this page.  It looks really pretty up close but unfortunately it doesn't photograph well :(   And I still haven't managed to find out the source of the cutout Kraft design - this is the piece leftover from my Live Simply layout.  What I enjoyed most was doing the blanket stitching around the edge - I haven't hand-stitched like this for a long time; I think it frames the layout nicely without detracting from the subject.

Other materials:
American Crafts Thickers - Subway foam number
Rose Moka Appel de la nature alphabet stickers
Prima Say it in Crystals iridescent gems

0 messages :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)