12 July 2011

Finally, another layout

Scrapbooking was my first love in the papercrafting world, and I really feel like something is missing when I can't find the time to sit down and scrap my photographs.  Cardmaking fills the gaps, but I just don't feel the same creative spark.  So I relished the opportunity to create some layouts this week.

My process for this one was simple (and not at all technical).  I grabbed a sheet of Kraft cardstock and some bits and pieces from one corner of my embarrassingly-messy scrap desk, added my photographs, some flowers and a journalling stamp... voila:


Click to enlarge

I used: Kraft cardstock, Basic Grey paper, Cosmo Cricket 'Earth Love - Borders', Green Tara flowers.

# Kraft Journal ~ Something Borrowed, Something Blue 
~ the pleated paper strip was a RAK from my friend Melissa.
~ lots of blue!
# Simon Says ~ A Stitch in Time
~ The stamp is from the 'Memo' set by Kelly Panacci, stamped on watercolour paper with fluid chalk.
# Lollipop Craft ~ Anything Goes
# Scrapalicious ~ Challenge 10 - Turquoise

Edited 21/7:  I was one of the 'Top 3' at Scrapalicious for this layout, and I can wear this cute blinkie:

6 comments :

  1. Nice colors. Also love the saying, very cute along with the pics.

    Thanks for playing with us at Scrapalicious Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing layout! i love the combination of the colors, the title, the sewing and of course the pictures! beautiful!
    Tsruya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO! Love the pretty colors and those beautiful photos! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I so love how you stitched the red on that pleated cardstock, and the gorgeous green flowers just make this layout pop, I guess non technical is a way to describe it, but I love how you always used lots of photos and this is not something I call easy, the picks of Jazi with the kite and the gorgeous words on that strip are just beautiful. Gorgeous work clever girl, I agree totally about feeling something is missing too, I am feeling the same at the moment with my juggling act. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful! I love the die cut shape, the triple photos, and that fun pleated piece at the bottom. Wonderful layout! Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)