20 April 2011

Christmas Magic

I didn't take very many Christmas photographs last year - time just ran out to do a special photo shoot, we had terrible weather, and Christmas Day was just a blur... But I did take a few photos while we were out in the city one day, when we happened across the Myer Christmas window display in the Queen Street Mall. The theme was The Nutcracker and the Mouse King and the moving puppets were mesmerising. It was difficult to get good photographs through the glare and reflections of the windows, and the crowds of people, but I did manage to snap a few decent ones.

This layout is based on a sketch from Bo Bunny and I've used papers from Bo Bunny 'Gypsy' collection:



My layout is also for:
# Bird is the Word ~ Magic
# Crop Stop ~ Vintage finished
# Scrap Lounge ~ Paper rolling

I distressed and rolled the edges of the papers and I made some rolled paper roses:



9 comments :

  1. Beautiful! Love the rich colors. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful holiday layout with wonderful use of layering and color. Thanks for joining us at Crop Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great detail and color! Thanks for playing the Crop Stop Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love christmas windows, Canberra doesn't do christmas windows though. Gorgeous Lo, love the colours and you can't go wrong with bo bunny stuff - love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic. I love what you have done with the pictures and the whole leayout is just fantastic. Thanks for playing along at Bird Is The Word,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Lo and Pics! Striking LO!!So great that you played along at Bird Is The Word....
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous LO .. love all the beautiful layering and your mix of pp's looks fantastic!! Thanks for joining in :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great LO, love the unusual colour for a Christmas LO, it works so brilliantly. Great stitching and distressing, plus I love the flowers :) Thanks for linking this to my blog candy question :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)